Over the past few years, we’ve all learned to take another look at the products we use on our skin and hair. After all, who’d have ever thought that micellar water would become a daily use product? Well, get ready to try another type of water that will transform the look and texture of your hair.
What is Lamellar Water Anyway? Like the name says, lamellar water is a completely water-soluble hair treatment. Unlike some heavier masks or treatments, lamellar water is a technology that is so lightweight that it can penetrate quickly and effectively. Also worth noting, lamellar water is both a hair treatment and a quick hair rinse that helps you achieve shiny, glossy hair…in about 10 seconds or less!
Pro tip: If your hair looks a bit parched from too much heat or bleach, lamellar water can offer an almost instantly visible fix.
How does Lamellar Water Work? Like many Korean Beauty innovations, lamellar water uses a lighter formulation that’s infused with repairing ingredients. We particularly love the fact that lamellar hair treatment can be used frequently without any buildup.
Depending on how often you wash your hair, we’d advise using the Smooth Moves™ Instant Shine Lamellar Water Hair Rinse 1-2 times per week. In case you’re wondering, lamellar water is not a replacement for conditioner, but more of an add-on for extra shine or the much-desired glass hair look.
How do I use Lamellar Water? We’ll answer our own question with another question: Would you rather spend a fortune on a blowout and hours in the salon chair in pursuit of shiny, glossy hair or use lamellar water for results that are visible after even the first application?
We thought so.
Like all products in the Smooth Moves™ collection, Smooth Moves™ 7 Second Magic Hair Rinse is cruelty free and vegan. It’s also sulfate surfactant free, paraben free, and safe for color treated hair. Best of all, it’s incredibly easy to use.
- Lamellar water goes on after you shampoo. After washing your hair, gently squeeze your hair with your hands or a microfiber towel to remove any excess water.
- Divide your hair into sections (or not!). Depending on your hair type, you can divide your hair into sections. Tilt your head back and use the applicator bottle to slowly squeeze out 1-2 doses – the markings on the side of the bottle will let you know how much is in 1 dose. Then use your hands to gently work the product from roots to ends into a light lather. You don’t have to apply in sections, but with thicker hair you’ll have greater control.
- Let the lamellar water do its thing. As soon as you start to apply the lamellar water to your hair, it goes to work on improving the appearance of hair.
- It might feel slightly warm. You may feel a slight warming sensation when the product activates upon contact with water. This is totally normal!
- Rinse carefully. Sometimes the secret to amazing hair is remembering to rinse out the products you use. While lamellar water feels lightweight, it’s not a leave-in product. Make sure to rinse out thoroughly for maximum shine.
How is Lamellar Water Different than a Conditioner? This is a question we’re asked a lot, so we’ll break it down for you.
Smooth Moves™ 7 Second Magic Hair Rinse is an extremely lightweight product we like to think of as more of a treatment product. So, for instance, you might use a serum on your face in addition to a moisturizer. You don’t need to use lamellar water every time you wash, but rather when your hair needs a bit of a boost. You would use this immediately after shampooing and before conditioning.
Smooth Moves™ Anti Frizz Conditioner uses a vegan protein blend that replaces animal derived keratin to aid in frizz control and improve hair manageability. We also include luxe ingredients including macadamia oil to add ample softness and hyaluronic acid to help keep hair hydrated and more elastic. A conditioner after shampooing works to soften and protect hair while also tackling frizz. It acts almost as a reinforcement for all the positive ingredients of your shampoo and at times can seal in the more beneficial effects. Conditioners are generally left in for a bit longer than lamellar water as well.
For maximum benefits, we advise washing your hair with our Smooth Moves™ Anti Frizz Shampoo and then following with our Smooth Moves™ 7 Second Magic Hair Rinse as a second step. While lamellar water and conditioner are both great for your hair, they serve completely different purposes. If you find you need a little extra moisture, we recommend following with our Smooth Moves™ Anti Frizz Conditioner.